Monday, June 12, 2006

Patong Beach

I finished up my tour in Kanchanaburi quite nicely. I took the bus back to Bangkok and sat by myself with just enough leg room. When I got to the bus station I took another bus, the Sky Train, ate lunch and te Sky Train again. I picked up my luggage I had stored at the Bangkok hotel and took another bus to the airport. I am now in Phuket. My flight arrived late yesterday (some VIP leaving the Bankok airport caused the wait) So I am zero for four on planes departing and arriving on time. When I hear "Phuket" I think of the TV show "Lost" because Jack (the doc) talks about being there in one episode (where they play poker and he takes all Sawyers mangoes). I have not seen Jack yet but I will keep an eye out!
Today I went to the Patong beach. It was not too busy and I slathered on a bunch of sunscreen. I lazed around there most of the day. Had a grapefruit there that was so unbelievable sweet. I don't even like grapefruit. By 3:30 I was done with the sea and the beach so I stopped by a beach Thai massage place. I had a good day in the sun (although I was a bit burnt) and wanted a nice relaxing massage. By the end I could barely walk out of there. It was sooooo painful.
This "Thai massage" on my feet was like allowing your sibling to pinch ever single toe and mash your foot as hard as possible. The back was not too bad nor the arms but my leg massage and the foot was by far the worst. She punched me repeatedly in the legs and arms and back. Mashed her knees on my leg with her weight and demolished my feet. (I am thinking I payed for this?) All this with hands like sandpaper. To make matters worse I had sand all over me and was more burnt than originally thought. I was so glad when that hour was over. It will be a long time before I get a massage here again! The lady was so sweet too. I most likely go snorkling tomorrow. I have not booked anything yet. Anyway, I don't plan on going to "James Bond Island" which seems to be a big deal or the "Simone Club" which might be a drag show....I am not sure but it is dancing and singing I prefer not to see. Thanks for all the e-mails guys!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Counter