Thursday, May 25, 2006

A Voice in the Night

The other night I went to bed rather early (10:45pm) and was sleeping quite well. I was having a typical random dream and this homeless guy in my dream started yelling "Help me, Help me, Help Me" I jolted awake from the dream to realize it was coming from my open window. Don't totally freak out I live on the eleventh floor (ironic considering I work on the eleventh floor as well). So I sit straight up in bed and listen I hear it again, "Help me please, won't somebody help me?" It sounds like a slightly drunk mid-twenty something white male. So I throw my blankets aside and start to peek outside. I see a car slowing down and the guy (not in the car) yelling again "Won't someone help me?" I begin to go for my phone to call 911 (which I have never done) when I hear a different voice (from the car I think) saying "The cops are on their way, man"
I decided to monitor the situation (in case my medical expertise was needed) by opening another window, pulling up the blinds and shutting off the lights. Three cop cars show up in 5 minutes, walk around, begin to pull away when the scared guy appears from the lobby of a building across the street. He happens to be mid twenty something tiny bit drunk and white. I had him pegged. (everyone in my neighborhood happens to be mid twenty something and white) Anyway so the guy proceeds to tell the cops that he went down to his lobby and some guy from his work is there with a bat and he was being attacked.
The cops took down a description and some drove off (in search of the guy?) and some stayed for a little while. So there I was at about 2 am and WIDE awake. I don't want to hear that kind of despiration again. Especially when I can't help. I realized if it had been a girl I would have gone down, but a twenty something guy? What on earth would I be able to do? I think it is time to take those martial arts classes I have been wanting to sign up for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Counter