Thursday, June 08, 2006

Barrel o' sightseeing

So an uneventful day to report on. I have been doing plenty of sightseeing. I went to the house of Jim Thompson. He was an American exporter of silk who built this huge teak wood house in the proper Thai style. It was about $1.10 for the tour and it talked about Thai culture and such things. I enjoyed it. Unfortunatly on the way I got lost (Lonely Planet map was not totally accurate) and so I ended up sitting down for a moment to eat my granola bar. Mistake. I was approached by a very kind Thai girl named Ana who wanted me to go toher house to meet her sister who is going to be a caregiver in San Diego soon. I refused. She also wanted me to go to the beach with her. I took down her number and e mail. I will drop her an e-mail. I did not feel comfortable going by myself.
Later I went to Banglamphu and Khao San Road. That is the "Backpacker district" with load of guesthouses nasty hostels cheap laundry facilities and tons of street market stuff. Food, clothes, used shoes, used clothes, everything you can imagine. It was interesting to go down there but glad I am not staying there. I feel very strange being in a foreign county and seeing more white people than Thai people. I ate a REALLY spicy dinner last night and I think that is why I slept awful. It was good but I could feel it going down in every quadrant of my abdomen.
Interestingly I also was approached earlier by an older white gentleman who said to me "I am in the mood ver dueach maefihf Deutchland?" So I thought he said that but he really asked me if I am from Germany. I told him no, and I was dissapointed he could not speak English. He was so kind. I think he was an ex-pat. I saw him later on when I was boarding "the water bus" and he waved to me. Having fun hope all is well stateside. Glad to hear that al-Zarqawi was killed. What a success for us! Hope to hear from you all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Counter