Monday, May 22, 2006

Games With A Punch

Hurray! The Cubs won the final game in the Crosstown Classic. I went to the game on Saturday where the Cubs lost 0-7. The game with a little bit of punch to it.
It was a fun time, going to a Cubs vs. Sox game. The rivalry is going to be there when the stadiums are only 8 miles apart. With people yelling throughout the stadium "Cubs Suck"and t-shirts stating "Cuck the Fubs" or "Steve Bartman for President" you definintly get the feel for the rivalry. It is a big game with bragging rights on the line. I personally think that these games are more fun than typical play.
Let me state that I am a Cubs fan before I am a Sox fan. I happened to go to with three Sox fans and most of the people around me were Sox fans too. A lady asked me if I was a Cubs fan and I told her yes. She said Cubs fans should stop going to Cubs games and that would force them to get a better team. Don't you think? she asked me. I gave her my honest answer. "No because no one goes to Brewers games and they still stink. Plus, no one went to the games when Atlanta was good and they stayed good for awhile." Well there goes that theory she said.
In all it is a great Chicago experience to attend one of those games. I recommend it to anyone who is looking for something special. Just make sure you bring sunscreen, there isn't much shade at The Cell.

If you don't know who Steve Bartman is check here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Bartman

1 Comments:

Blogger Jack E. said...

I love that Steve Bartman has his own Wikipedia entry - that makes me chuckle

9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Counter