Friday, July 07, 2006

Back in the US

So everyone it has been awhile since I blogged. Internet connections were a bit touchy in China so I held off for awhile, then all of a sudden I was heading back to Beijing to fly back home to Chicago. So since the 25th of June till now I have been on the move. My brother and I did a week of traveling in the west of China on the Tibetian Plateau and the surrounding areas. We took a lot of trains, some really long bus rides (I had no idea my bladder was that big) and a few boats. The terrain was gorgeous and the traveling campanion was wonderful (my brother James). James spoke a lot of Chinese over the few days and learned a few new words.
The most obnoxious thing we dealt with was the "Hallos" from people. Everyone says hello to you. You may think to yourself: How nice for them, they just want to say hello to the foreigner. Let me tell you it from my point of view: Oh say hello to the monkey!!! If you say hello to the monkey maybe it will say something. You do really feel that way after awhile. I mean really all they do is say hello and if you say anything back they giggle or laugh. Obnoxious.
I have to say the thing I looked foreward to the most was blending in. I am really glad to not be blatently stared at anymore. I now know I want nothing to do with Hollywood. A few of my stories that I have not blogged on will come out over the next few days I just wanted to let you all know I am back in the states. I am now allowed to blog and use google without any restrictions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Counter