Wednesday, October 18, 2006

The Florida Brawl

I needed to rattle off a blog regarding the brawl in Florida this past weekend. I heard that the ACC suspeneded many players for a grand total of one game. This is absolutely ridiculous!! All right, so the other week during an NFL game Titans' Haynesworth stomped on the face of Gurode who was lying on the ground not protected. Haynesworth got a five game suspension. I believe that the ACC should be more strict with their players then the NFL.
How wrong could I be? If you know the south and the ACC Saturday college football is life. Clearly why would you want to upset the fans watching the games every saturday? A one game suspension with Merryweather stomping on peoples legs, arms and back another using his helmet as a weapon and they get a one game suspension? ONE GAME? Please clearly the ACC is not focused on discipline and is looking toward whats better for them, the teams, and game. Not teaching the football players what they should be learning. I am very dissapointed in ther weak decision for such a short suspension. So I am pretty angry right now. I should have known the ACC would make this kind of decision, I lived down there for awile and know how important all of this "college football" is to them. I do know that Florida International personally dismissed players and suspened others indefinitly. Thank you to FIU.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Counter