Monday, October 16, 2006

The "Jet Setter" and Sweet Home, Chicago

This weekend I hopped on a plane and did a whirlwind midwest tour. I flew in to O'Hare on Thursady night (got in late d/t wind) and Dad drove me home to good 'ole Sconny. (Regina at work said "Boy your Dad must really love you!" and I said "Yep") I spent a chilly Friday in WI and hung out with the fam. A lovely fire, a bowl of chili with cornbread, and a good movie. It was nice to sit with the four of us and just chat. I do miss the four of us being together.
Saturday I took the Amtrak downtown and hung around the city for the day. I spent some one on one time with my cuz Hannah which was good. I met up wit my old friend KP for some dinner before she went into work and then I headed off to see The Pirate Queen on a pre-Broadway run. It was a beautiful program. I flew through New York on my way back to Baltimore and saw all the major New York sights from the plane. It was gorgeous outside.
The funny thing is I was asked for directions twice in ten minutes mere steps from the train station after I entered the city. Clearly my approachablity for directions has not changed. What can I say? It was good to be home. I do miss Chicago and my friends there. I am sorry I did not stop to see you all. I will be sure to stop by over the holidays! Oh by the way, I was asked for directions twice in Baltimore on my way home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Counter