Thursday, January 19, 2006

Ahhhh Blog

So because I blog, does that make me a yuppie? My brother accused me of being a yuppie and I have a hard time believeing I am one. The following are reasons I could be a yuppie:
1. I own an iPod.
2. I talk on my cellphone in public.
3. I live in the city.
4. I love going out with my friends.

Reasons I am not a yuppie:
1. I don't own a Blackberry.
2. I don't have to hang out at the "coolest" bar.
3. I don't have to have the "latest" technology or clothing.
4. Money doesn't matter.

Hmmm....

1 Comments:

Blogger BC said...

Y= young
U
P= upwardly mobile
P
I
E= professional

Seems like you are all three! That is nothing to be ashamed of! An ipod is the latest tech., my friend. Somewhere along the line, yuppie turned into a four letter word, I guess, as another way to say "keeping up with the neighbors", in a negative way.
keep on bloggin'!
A Fellow Chicagoan

11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Counter